CoreLogic Releases May 2012 MarketPulse Report
Crosby-Volmer International Communications
May 09, 2012, Santa Ana, Calif. –
—Report Highlights the Increased Use of Foreclosure Alternatives to Resolve Distressed Properties—
CoreLogic® (NYSE: CLGX), a leading provider of information, analytics and business services, today released its May CoreLogic MarketPulse report. The monthly economic publication provides insight into the current and future health of the U.S. economic climate with particular focus on housing and mortgage metrics. CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming and Senior Economist Sam Khater authored the articles and commentary.
Key findings in the May MarketPulse Report include:
- The national housing market is transitioning to more stability in sales and home prices, with reasonable inventory levels and a declining share of REO sales.
- Short sales, modifications, and other foreclosure alternatives are playing a larger role than in years past, and the flow of new foreclosures is declining with an improving economy.
- Mortgage performance is experiencing a slow and steady improvement as the 90+ day serious delinquency rate in March fell to 7.0 percent, the lowest rate since July 2009. “This decline in serious delinquency represents a significant reduction of approximately three quarters of a million borrowers,” said Fleming in the report.
- Overall home sales activity continues to improve, with total sales eclipsing 410,000, up more than 20 percent from a year ago and the highest March sales rate since 2007.
- While the national market continues to improve, it masks regional variation where some local markets are improving much more rapidly than others. The most improved markets from a year ago are Phoenix, Boise and Salt Lake City.
- Home prices are at, or very close to, the bottom as the Memorial Day weekend approaches.
For a complete copy of the May CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2012-May.pdf.
CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading provider of consumer, financial and property information, analytics and services to business and government. The Company combines public, contributory and proprietary data to develop predictive decision analytics and provide business services that bring dynamic insight and transparency to the markets it serves. CoreLogic has built one of the largest and most comprehensive U.S. real estate, mortgage application, fraud, and loan performance databases and is a recognized leading provider of mortgage and automotive credit reporting, property tax, valuation, flood determination, and geospatial analytics and services. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. The Company, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., has approximately 5,000 employees globally. For more information, visit www.corelogic.com.
CORELOGIC and the stylized CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. No trademark of CoreLogic shall be used without the express written consent of CoreLogic.