CoreLogic Releases New MarketPulse Report
January 18, 2012, Santa Ana, Calif. –
—First Report Covers Top Economic Issues for 2012 and Observes Potential Positive Trends in Housing—
CoreLogic® (NYSE: CLGX), a leading provider of information, analytics and business services, today released a new monthly economic publication, the CoreLogic MarketPulse report, that provides insight into the current and future health of the U.S. economic climate with particular focus on housing and mortgage metrics. The CoreLogic Mortgage Analytics & Economics Team, headed by Chief Economist Mark Fleming, authored the articles and commentary.
The January MarketPulse report:
- Reviews top economic concerns in 2011, including fiscal policy indecisiveness and concerns of a possible double-dip recession.
- Anticipates improvement in both the broad economy and the housing market in 2012. “While 2011 was clearly a challenging year, there is a lot to be positive about looking ahead to 2012,” said Fleming in the report.
- Drills down to discuss positive trends, such as a recent rebound in consumer sentiment indicating increased confidence in the strength of the economy. The report highlights data showing that households added home equity lines of credit in the third quarter of 2011, the first uptick in this sector since the financial crisis began.
- Examines one of the major long-term drivers of the housing market: excess supply of housing. Excess supply heavily impacts home prices and, as a result, overall economic growth. In the report, Senior Economist Sam Khater analyzes the housing market supply and demand dynamics, including lower-than-usual household growth and new household formation rates.
- Shows the impact of the role of subprime loans in foreclosures. Leading the initial surge of foreclosures in 2007 and 2008, these types of loans have again surfaced to play a big role in foreclosure activity during 2012 and into 2013.
For a complete copy of the January CoreLogic MarketPulse report, which includes data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/marketpulse-jan12.
CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading provider of consumer, financial and property information, analytics and services to business and government. The Company combines public, contributory and proprietary data to develop predictive decision analytics and provide business services that bring dynamic insight and transparency to the markets it serves. CoreLogic has built one of the largest and most comprehensive U.S. real estate, mortgage application, fraud, and loan performance databases and is a recognized leading provider of mortgage and automotive credit reporting, property tax, valuation, flood determination, and geospatial analytics and services. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. The Company, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., has more than 5,000 employees globally. For more information, visit www.corelogic.com.
CORELOGIC and the stylized CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. No trademark of CoreLogic shall be used without the express written consent of CoreLogic.