Paperless Refunds Electronic Remittance Process
CoreLogic is pleased to offer a paperless option for sending refunds. Once payments have been posted, you can wire funds for refunds back to the CoreLogic Refunds Department. All that is needed is a completed ‘Paperless Refund Form’ and backup documentation:
- Backup documentation - an Excel spreadsheet or tab-delimited text file that includes:
- Refund amounts
- Parcel numbers
- Refund reason
- Any additional detailed information that will help expedite processing
Once we receive notification from our Accounting Department that the wire has been received, matching the emailed backup from your office, we will process the refund accordingly.
Please email our Refunds Department (DFW01.Refunds@corelogic.com) or your local government solutions specialist for additional information about paperless refunds.
All paper refunds should be sent to:
By Regular Mail:
Refund Dept – CoreLogic
CoreLogic Tax Services
PO Box 9202
Coppell, TX 75019-9978
By Overnight Mail:
3001 Hackberry Drive
Irving, TX 75063-0156
CoreLogic does not require paid receipts unless a paid receipt is required to request a refund.
Additional information is always helpful when submitting your refunds. If you can provide any additional information (e.g. the reason for the refund, the tax year, loan number along with the parcel or tax id number), it can help to expedite the process.
- Please make refund checks payable to the mortgage company. This will also help to expedite the processing of refunds.
- Provide any supporting documentation regarding the account including; owner's name, property address, amount of tax and reason for the refund.
- Include the paid receipts where applicable. Some taxing authorities require copies, front and back, of cancelled checks.
- If the lender is to receive refund on more than one parcel, please send one check. Use the loan number when returning duplicate and over payments.
- Include refund reason/supporting documentation such as: Paid by H.O., Paid by Title Company, Prior delinquency/unpaid taxes, Special Assessment owing, Wrong Amount, or Erroneous Tax ID.
- Please contact the Customer Service Department for any questions prior to returning a payment, and note those contacts. This includes not only out of balance situations, but missing information including applicable duplicate bill fees or any questions about the payment package.
Our goal is to help reduce the volume of refunds by ensuring payment requirements are followed. By identifying causes and creating solutions to help prevent erroneous payments and duplications, our teams can work together with your staff to help ensure the highest levels of quality are maintained.
We also communicate with tax officials to address specific cycle related issues. And, we regularly work to identify opportunities for streamlining data exchange. Automated refunds processes are examples of this effort. If you provide the refund information on a disk via spreadsheet or text format, our team can use the data to update our system. This will help minimize keying time and expedite the refund return to the mortgage companies .
If you have any questions, please contact your local government solutions specialist.