Most Comprehensive Early View of Current Home Price Trends
Built on industry-leading public record, servicing, and securities real-estate databases, CoreLogic HPI™ incorporates more than 40 years of repeat sales transactions for analyzing historic, current, and future home price trends and producing multi-tier, multi-level market evaluations. CoreLogic HPI is the most current, comprehensive set of home price indexes available on the market.
Market Condition Indicators
Market Condition Indicators augment CoreLogic HPI and CoreLogic HPI Forecasts indexes, identifying individual geographic markets as “overvalued,” “at value,” or “undervalued.” These values are derived from the long-term fundamental values of 350+ CBSAs—as determined by the correlation of their housing prices to real disposable income per capita. Overvalued and undervalued markets have current home price indexes 10% (or more) above or below their long-term values. Determining the relationship between a CBSA’s long-term value and its current pricing is critical to understanding housing risk—successful buy/hold and other decisions depend on the sort of verifiable accuracy that Market Condition Indicatorscan supply.
Market Condition Indicators are available with base subscriptions to CoreLogic HPI and CoreLogic HPI Forecasts at no additional cost.
CoreLogic HPI features:
- Deep, broad coverage—including non-disclosure states
- Market Condition Indicators and long-term fundamental values
- Twelve tiers, including a non-distressed transactions tier
- Monthly updates, with brief five-week lag time
- Entire history refreshed each month
- Available via web tool and FTP
CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexes™ (CSI)
Authoritative Housing Price Information and Analytics
A recent addition to our property valuation and trends suite of solutions, CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexesstrengthen our industry-leading home price index data, analytics, and services.
CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexes offer:
- A widely respected, industry proven measurement of home-price change—the basis of the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indices
- A comprehensive series of indexes spanning 30 years of history at the state, county, metro, and ZIP code levels
- Available Default Correction Factors and seasonally adjusted Indexes
- Baseline 30-year home-price forecasts for all indexes by Moody’s Analytics
CoreLogic CSI helps securities investors, mortgage banks, servicing operations, and government agencies:
- Track residential real estate trends
- Manage home price risk within specific U.S. markets
- Value loan portfolio collateral
- Estimate default probabilities and loss severities
- Determine a firm’s capital sufficiency
Complementing CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexes, we also offer a number of ancillary advisory services, market research information, and delivery options.
CoreLogic HPI Forecasts™
Unprecedented Predictive Accuracy
CoreLogic HPI Forecasts is built on the concept that home price index modeling is an integrated discipline that must incorporate four key capabilities to achieve its full risk-reduction potential—our approach alone includes all four of these capabilities:
- Thirty-year forecast horizon
- The industry’s deepest and broadest data coverage
- The industry’s most current, comprehensive set of home price indexes
- Multiple forecast tiers
Built on monthly CoreLogic HPI data and based on a time-tested and academically supported two-stage error correction framework, CoreLogic HPI Forecasts is a vital tool for anticipating pricing trends and future volatility in real estate markets. Available at the ZIP code, county, CBSA, state and national levels, its coverage includes:
- More than 7,400+ ZIP codes
- 1,300+ counties
- 930+ CBSAs
- 50 states and the District of Columbia
CoreLogic HPI Forecasts integrates these data and capabilities into a unified home price modeling solution that can produce unprecedented predictive accuracy.
HPI Valuation Engine
Quick Valuations for Non-Addressed Collateral Properties
An advanced analytics tool, the HPI Valuation Engine facilitates estimating market values for single or multiple properties using data from the CoreLogic Housing Price Index.
The HPI Valuation Engine has a 100% hit rate and requires only three property-level inputs—ZIP code, prior sales date, sales amount—to trigger a proprietary intelligent-cascade mechanism that generates a market value. This cascade selects the property’s ideal tier and geographic combination, maximizing the probability its estimated value will be within 10% of actual value.
HPI Valuation Engine results include a confidence score, an assessment of the accuracy of the estimate that quantifies the level of confidence in it. This allows clients to identify property values rapidly while prioritizing their levels of risk according to market exposure.
Monthly Snapshot of Market Health
Every month, we combine ZIP code-level public recordings of home sales, sale prices, and foreclosure filings with mortgage performance data into a single dataset that provides a unique monthly snapshot of market trends. MarketTrends helps you identify potential markets for expansion, spot valuation trends, analyze performance, and perform benchmarking.
The extensive, detailed MarketTrends market health coverage lets you easily:
- Monitor real estate trends at ZIP code, county, CBSA, state, and national levels to develop and fine-tune investment strategies
- Identify hard, soft, or at-risk markets clearly
- Evaluate market risk by delinquency, foreclosure, and negative equity trends
- Benchmark national trends against local geographies
MarketTrends delivers comprehensive early views of current real estate market trends at all geographic levels, critical factors in evaluating investment risks.More about MarketTrends
Early Insight Into Housing Trends
With deep and broad coverage of U.S. Multiple-Listing Services (MLS) data, CoreLogic ListingTrendsprovides monthly snapshots of time-series housing data—at the ZIP Code-level and above—from 2007 forward. Used either alone or in conjunction with CoreLogic HPI™, CoreLogic HPI Forecasts™, or MarketTrends, CoreLogic ListingTrends provides unique insights for property appraisal, loan underwriting and origination, risk and fraud management, servicing management, government analysis, and real estate market forecasting.
Key CoreLogic ListingTrends metrics include leading indicators of house prices, listing inventories, days on market, and absorption rates by listing type—new, active, pending, closed, and sold.
Minimize SFR Investment Uncertainty
RentalTrends provides vital time series metrics down to the ZIP code level that help you evaluate the Single Family Residential (SFR) investment and property management process. RentalTrends offers extensive coverage of rent amounts, capitalization rates and vacancy rates derived from industry leading data and modeling, allowing you to reduce time and minimize uncertainty in the rental market.
RentalTrends is a critical tool for:
- Rental income estimates
- Disposition decisions on REO properties
- Investment decisions on Single Family Residential rental properties
- Asset allocation decisions about residential rental stocks (REITs) and bonds
Leveraging CoreLogic Partner InfoNet™, public records, the Rent Amount Model and AVMs, RentalTrends provides a realistic look at the current single family residential rental market for a broad and comprehensive set of markets.
Tel: (866) 774-3282
Cash Investor Trends Datasheet
Authoritative Real Estate Cash Sales & Investment IntelligenceDownload