California Earthquake Authority: Trust Based on Science and Reinforced Through Communication
In the wake of the devastating magnitude 6.7 Northridge earthquake in 1994, the state of California established the California Earthquake Authority (CEA) to educate Californians on how to minimize earthquake losses and to assist insurance companies in setting rates.
Learn why the U.S. Earthquake Model from CoreLogic met the CEA standard—and why it’s still trusted and used today, over 20 years later.
Vulnerability Informed by Engineering
The U.S. Earthquake Model incorporates vulnerability curves that are well-honed from thousands of seismic studies conducted by CoreLogic® and its affiliated engineers over the past 40 years, and are additionally founded on first-hand observations from more than 90 earthquakes worldwide.
Vulnerability is also calibrated to tens of thousands of claims and exposure data points from the Northridge (1994) and Loma Prieta (1989) events.
Features & Benefits
Our collective probabilistic model and earthquake risk data layers cover all 50 states and account for historic, nationwide earthquake hazard and risk information for insights into location or portfolio risk.
- One of the first models in the market to implement the 2014 USGS and UCERF3 hazard data
- Two recurrence frequency models: Time-Dependent and Time-Independent
- Explicitly models damage due to liquefaction and earthquake-induced landslide
- Includes sophisticated modeling of deep sedimentary basins in California and Washington
- Enables confidence in risk management based decisions
- Validated with a plethora of claims data from historical events
Structural Risk and Valuations
Rather than rely on a standard industry percentage, get detailed intelligence on the structural risk and value of properties in your portfolio to ensure that your clients are not over or under-insured.learn more
Natural Hazard and Catastrophe
Assess your market position by accessing reports and data that give you a complete view of the risk to your portfolio.learn more
Roof Condition Solutions
CoreLogic offers tools to help you assess the roof conditions of prospective clients from your desktop.learn more